My 4 Favorite Podcasts (+ Honorable Mentions)
If I’m cleaning, cooking, commuting, or getting ready for work, I’m listening to a podcast. (And you probably are too!)
Podcasts are an amazing resource for learning. When they’re done well, it’s education in an entertaining, thought-provoking way.
Here are my top 4 favorite podcasts plus some great “honorable mentions.”
What are your favorites???? (Share in the comments!)
My 4 Favorite Podcasts
Funny, irreverent, thought-provoking, with a fresh take on popular news stories and industry insider perspectives.
Five minutes of tech and innovation news out of the Southeast, hosted by my awesome colleague Jon Birdsong.
Highest value per minute of any pod out there. I never miss.
3. Huberman Lab
LOVE LOVE LOVE this science-based health and performance podcast. Dr. Andrew Huberman, Stanford professor and neuroscientist, shares the best science in an approachable way and interviews amazing guests — leading researchers, doctors, and scientists in their field.
It’s nerdy, it’s actionable, and I’ve implemented several new habits based on the science. (Hellooooo, morning sunlight.)
My husband introduced me to Derek Thompson’s writing during the pandemic.
His podcast, Plain English, deep dives into current stories and social trends, seeking truth and nuance over hyberbole or validating the common story line.
He’s highly intelligent, funny, self-aware, and deeply curious. Plain English + Morning Brew (daily newsletter) are my first stops for general news.
I love these too!
- The Atlanta Story - ATL’s most interesting creators, entrepreneurs, and builders
- Rising Tide - Sharing stories of career-driven women (I was interviewed here!)
- Invest Like The Best - Conversations with the best investors and business leaders
- 20 Minute VC - Advice from startup investors and operators. The Memos are fascinating.
- Work Life with Adam Grant - Research on how to make work “not suck”
- The Money With Katie Show - Awesome financial (and life) advice from a self-made entrepreneur
- Stuff You Should Know - A classic from two smart and hilarious Atlantans
- The Happiness Lab - From the brilliant Yale Prof Laurie Santos who leads my fave online course
- Choose FI - Pursue freedom with better financial decisions
And THAT’S five minutes…
(Name the pod!)
What podcast should I check out or add to the list? What’s your favorite podcast?